Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Think BEFORE You Speak!

             Think before you speak!!!! How many times have you heard that? Thankfully my recent social Faux Paux turned out ok.
      I attended a banquet with my husband given by one of his customers. The group was primarily men- all in the heavy-haul and big equipment industries. There were only a couple other women present and I'm pretty sure they were serving!
    Hubby says "I'll be right back-just going to go talk to that guy over there...." and leaves me there at the table alone with some man I haven't even been introduced to! After saying 'hello' and staring at each other and around the room for a few minutes, we both lapsed into an awkward silence.
    I don't know what came over me- after about 10 minutes, I elbowed the man and said "Check this out! Wanna see me pull my thumb off????" (I had noticed right off when he first sat down he was missing a thumb) That man about fell apart howling with laughter. Of course, everbody else wanted to know what was so dang funny.
    It just blurted out. And I just happened to luck out. I know how very badly that could have turned out. This gentleman said In all the years he knew any of these people, nobody had ever made any reference to it.
     Just the the same    THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!!!
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment